Ambicide™ dual action disinfectant
BROAD SPECTRUM MULTIPURPOSE DISINFECTANT
Ambicide™ dual action disinfectant formulation is ideal for use in hatcheries, food processing and on the farm providing a broad spectrum of activity against viruses, bacteria, fungi and spores.
Ambicide™ provides a flexible solution for surface, equipment, vehicle, and egg dipping or spray disinfection at low temperatures and in the presence of organic challenge.
- Dual action formulation with twin chain quaternary ammonium and tertiary alkylamine compounds
- Broad spectrum of activity
- Specifically developed for use in the hatchery and food processing environments
- Can be applied as a foam, spray or egg dip
- Can be used through pressure washers and spraying equipment
- Non staining and non tainting
A synergistic and unique blend of tertiary alkylamine and a twin chain quaternary ammonium compound with added foam booster to provide excellent foaming characteristics.
Mode of Action
Ambicide™ works by disrupting the cytoplasmic membrane, resulting in loss of vital intracellular constituents and precipitation of cell contents, leading to cell death.
Instructions for Use
The level of disease causing organisms present after basic cleaning can remain high enough to offer a serious disease challenge. Using a disinfectant independently proven effective against viruses, bacteria, fungi and spores, such as Ambicide™, is essential.
Manually prepare a solution between 0.5 - 1% (1:200 - 1:100 dilution) of Ambicide™ or calibrate your dosing equipment to achieve the required dilution. Using either a knapsack sprayer or pressure washer, on a low pressure setting, spray the disinfectant solution on to pre-cleaned surfaces at an application rate of 300ml/m2.
Manually prepare a 2% (1:50 dilution) solution of Ambicide™ or calibrate your dosing equipment to achieve the required dilution. Using a pressure washer with a foaming lance apply Ambicide™ disinfectant solution to pre-cleaned surfaces at an application rate of 250ml/m2.
Setters and Egg Stores Containing Hatching Eggs
Manually prepare a 1% (1:100 dilution) solution of Ambicide or calibrate your dosing equipment to achieve the required dilution. Using either a mechanical mist/cold fog generator, knapsack sprayer or pressure washer on a fine mist setting, apply Ambicide solution at an application rate of 40ml/m³ and until equipment & egg surfaces are wetted thoroughly. Always refer to the instructions supplied by the manufacturer of the mister/sprayer unit, to ensure that the application method is appropriate.
Egg Disinfectant Dip
Manually prepare a 1% (1:100 dilution) solution of Ambicide™ using warm water (38-41ºC) in a suitable container and dip hatching eggs for 2-3 minutes prior to placement in the hatching baskets.
Manually prepare a 1% (1:100 dilution) solution of Ambicide™ or calibrate your dosing equipment to achieve the required dilution. Using either a pressure washer or knapsack sprayer on a fine mist setting, apply the disinfectant solution to all surfaces of the vehicle including; wheel arches, mudguards and any exposed chassis.
Summary Efficacy Data for Ambicide™
|Avian Influenza Virus H3N2||1:100|
|Bacillus cereus (spores)||1:20|
|E. coli 0157||1:200|
|Salmonella typhimurium DT104||1:200|
|Fungi and Yeasts|
|Aspergillus niger (Spores)||1:200|
- Use disinfectants safely. Always read and follow the product label instructions and information, including the precautionary statements before use.
- Avoid contact with the eyes and skin during the handling of product.
- Do not breathe spray mist (wear a mist respirator at all times during the application process).
- Wear suitable personal protective clothing including; waterproof coveralls (Tychem™), gloves and boots, and face protection (in accordance with BS EN 166).
- Do not allow product or its dilutions to enter water-courses.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Always refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for further details on product specific health and safety issues.
Emergency/First Aid Procedures
- If the product or its dilutions are splashed in the eye, rinse immediately with plenty of water and seek medical advice.
- Rinse any product off the skin immediately with water.
- If ingested allow patient to drink water if conscious, but do not induce vomiting. Seek medical advice.
Store in a cool dry place away from other products.
Dilute small quantities to waste water, via a foul sewer or other treatment facility in accordance with local and national regulations.
Concentrate 3 years. Diluted product up to one week.
Available in 20 litre drums approved to UN Standards.
The specified uses and registered claims for Ambicide™ S may vary from country to country. Please contact LANXESS directly to verify country-specific approved usages.