Hyperox™ superior stabilised formulation provides greater application flexibility and broad spectrum activity with efficacy against viruses, bacteria, fungi and spores at low temperatures and in the face of organic challenge. These unique qualities make Hyperox™ the Peracetic acid disinfectant of choice for; general surface, equipment, water delivery system and thermal fogging disinfection.
- Powerful broad spectrum multi-purpose disinfectant
- Patented stabilized formulation
- Exceptional effectiveness at low temperatures
- Effective in the presence of organic challenge
- Economical in use as a thermal fogging disinfectant
- Readily biodegradable within the environment
- Colourless, aqueous solution
Effectiveness at Low Temperatures
Hyperox™ has been independently tested and proven highly effective at low temperature using the requirements set out by the French AFNOR virucidal test method NFT-72-180 (1989). The temperature of 4oC was purposely selected for the test as it clearly represents the cold conditions to be found on farm during winter months.
The test was carried out at Laboratoire de Microbiologique Immunologique ADREMI Tours France, comparing the efficacy of four disinfectant products; Hyperox™ and three major EU Glutaraldehyde-QAC branded products.
Hyperox™ passed the tests at a dilution of 1:200 (0.5%) with the three competitive disinfectants requiring a dilution of 1:33 (3%) or less in order to be effective against the test organisms.
Safety, Health and Environmental Issues
Hyperox™ is a peroxygen based disinfectant. The peroxygen active substance of Hyperox™, peracetic acid, is supported in the European Union Biocidal Products Directive. This active substance readily breaks down in the environment after use to simple molecules such as oxygen, water and a naturally occurring, biodegradable organic acid and as a result of this action is considered to be "readily degradable" in accordance with OECD & EU standards.
Independent toxicity studies have shown that diluted Hyperox™ should not, when used as directed, pose any threat to sewage treatment facilities.
Hyperox™ is recognised as being an acceptable disinfectant for organic farming applications, for the cleansing and disinfection of livestock buildings, in accordance with European Council Regulation 2092/91/EEC on organic production of agricultural products.
Mode of Action
Hyperox™ does not elicit a specific toxicological effect on the target organism, instead it achieves deactivation and/or destruction of the target organism through general oxidative disruption of key structures and compounds vital to normal activity (e.g. proteins and lipids).
There is no evidence of bacterial disease causing organisms developing resistance towards Hyperox™ as opposed to other disinfectant types such as Quaternary Ammonium Compounds (QAC’s).
Hyperox™ is a colourless, aqueous formulation of peracetic acid, hydrogen peroxide, acetic acid and surfactant.
- Use the disinfectant safely. Always read and follow the product label instructions and information, including the precautionary statements before use
- Avoid contact with the eyes and skin during the handling of this product.
- Do not breathe spray mist (wear a mist respirator at all times during the application process)
- Wear suitable personal protective clothing including; waterproof coveralls (Tychem™), gloves and boots, and face protection.
- Store in a cool dry place out of direct sunlight. Do not allow to freeze.
- Flush application equipment through thoroughly with clean water after use
- Aprevent contamination do not return unused solutions to original container
- Keep out of reach of children
- Always refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for details on product specific health and safety issues prior to use
Emergency/First Aid Procedures
- If the product or its dilutions are splashed in the eye, rinse immediately with plenty of water and seek medical advice
- Rinse any product off the skin immediately with water
- If ingested allow patient to drink water if conscious, but do not induce vomiting. Seek immediate medical advice.
Store upright in a cool dry place, out of direct sunlight and away from other products.
Store in original container.
Dilute small quantities to waste water, via a foul sewer or other treatment facility in accordance with local water authority regulations.
Available in 5 and 20 litre drums approved to UN Standards.
Dispose of Hyperox™ disinfectant solutions directly to foul sewer.
Independent studies have shown that diluted Virkon™ S should not, when used as directed, pose any threat to sewage treatment facilities.
Please refer to the product Material Safety Datasheet (MSDS) for detailed information on product disposal.
The specified uses and registered claims for Hyperox™ S may vary from country to country. Please contact LANXESS directly to verify country-specific approved usages.