POWERFUL BROAD SPECTRUM VIRUCIDAL DISINFECTANT
Broad Spectrum Activity in an Easy to use Tablet Form
Perfect protection for pets and vets, ideal for the control of equine, pig and poultry diseases, and essential protection for first responders in emergency disease outbreaks. Virkon™ S tablets are a convenient to store and easy to handle presentation that simplifies the preparation of an accurately dosed disinfectant solution. The tablets are especially suitable for low volume applications and can be used in conjunction with trigger spray bottles for surface, equipment, skin* and aerial disinfection, and for disinfectant footdips.
Readily soluble in tap water, the Virkon™ S tablets effervesce into a pink solution. Good infection control practices indicate disinfectant solutions should be replenished on a daily basis.
* Virkon™ S is not required to be licensed as a medicinal product (in the United Kingdom) when used as a skin disinfectant in accordance with the advice provided by the UK’s Veterinary Medicines Directorate (VMD).
- Powerful - independently proven effective against viral, bacterial and fungal disease causing organisms
- Fast acting – a 1% solution is independently proven to kill bacteria and fungi with contact times as low as 5 minutes and the tough to kill parvovirus in 10 minutes or less
- Broad Spectrum Control – surface, equipment, skin* & aerial disinfection
- Independently proven effective on porous surfaces, in hard water, at low temperatures and in the presence of organic challenge
- An environmentally acceptable product with an exceptional safety profile towards man and animals when used and disposed of as instructed on the label
- Selected by the experts – recommended and used by Government Agencies throughout the world
Virkon™ S 5g Tablets
Available in packs of 50 x 5g (makes 25 litres)
Accurate unit dosing; One Virkon™ S tablet makes 500mls of disinfectant solution
Virkon™ S 50g Tablets
Available in packs of 50 x 50g (makes 250 litres)
Accurate unit dosing; One Virkon™ S tablet makes
5 litres of disinfectant solution
- Virkon™ S is classified as irritating to skin and risk of serious damage to eyes under EU regulations
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Use disinfectants safely. Always read and follow the product label instructions and information including the precautionary statements before use
- Always refer to the Materials Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for further details on product specific health and safety issues.
- When prolonged contact with metal surfaces is expected rinse with clean water.
Emergency/First Aid Procedures
- If the product is splashed in the eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of water and seek medical advice.
- Rinse any product off the skin immediately with water.
- If ingested allow patient to drink water if conscious, but do not induce vomiting. Seek medical advice.
The packaging contains a desiccant sachet which must be retained in the container at all times.
Store in a cool place out of direct sunlight. Always Replace lid after use.
Dilute small quantities to waste water, via a foul sewer or other treatment facility in accordance with local and national regulations.
The specified uses and registered claims for Virkon™ S may vary from country to country. Please contact LANXESS directly to verify country-specific approved usages.